Dr Anand Saggar is a Consultant in the South West Thames Regional Genetics Department at St George’s Hospital Medical School and Honorary Senior Lecturer within the Medical School.
He works within a multidisciplinary team responsible for providing services for a population of approximately 2.7 million across the region. Dr Saggar actively takes part in regional clinics both general adult and paediatric dysmorphology alongside specialist clinics for patients with hypertension, kidney diseases, tuberous sclerosis thrombophillia (economy class syndrome), and cancer family histories. One of his major interests is inherited kidney disease for which he has an international reputation and links to his recent publication for the Oxford University Press entitled the ‘Genetics of Renal Disease’.
Sept 2000 to date
CONSULTANT PHYSICIAN AND CLINICAL GENETICIST, HONORARY SENIOR LECTURER IN MEDICINE,
ST GEORGE’S HOSPITAL MEDICAL SCHOOL.
He is one of seven consultants in the South West Thames Regional Clinical Genetics department. The post is extremely busy but highly enjoyable. He works with a team of Consultant Geneticists, Counsellors, Laboratories and Administrative Staff.
- From his many and varied professional responsibilities he has developed good organisational skills and learnt to successfully balance competing demands and scarce resources.
- He has considerable experience of working within inner-city multi-racial populations and aware of their differing needs.
- His broad knowledge of general medicine helps immensely in this understanding and also in communicating with patients from differing racial backgrounds.
Teaching and Education Experience
He has experience of teaching medical students, doctors, nurses and postgraduate MRCP and MRCOG candidates in Britain and abroad. To further improve his skills he has completed a teaching skills course for Medical Teachers. He has advisory and editorial experience.
- Continued assessment of grant applications
- Peer review of papers for publication.
Extra Curricular Activities
Dr Saggar is a patron of the Arts. He was the Chair of Art Committee at St Georges Hospital for over 2 years.
For more information visit https://geneticspecialist.co.uk